Our 1st Annual Caterina Grace Walk for Life Event took place on November 18th at Belmont Lake State Park which featured a 2 mile walk around the lake. We also provided some light refreshments as well as some fun bounce house activities for the kids who participated.
This event hosted over 300 walkers and helped to raise an incredible $38,000!!! The proceeds from this event went directly to the Alan Beggs Research Lab at Boston Children’s Hospital which goes to researching targeted therapies for rare congenital myopathies. We are so grateful for those who took the time out of their day to come and join us that morning as well as everyone who donated their time, money, and services to make this event so special.
We had 26 businesses sponsor or donate their services for our 1st Walk and The Caterina Grace Foundation is eternally grateful to know such compassionate and altruistic people and businesses. Everyone’s support had a direct impact on improving the lives of other children living with rare muscle diseases as well as helping our foundation honor our beloved Caterina Grace.
Here are some of the businesses that sponsored:
- National Medical Consultants – Dr. Gene DeBlasio
- National Arbitration & Mediation – Joseph Ehrlich
- Oppenheimer Funds – Wendy Hetson Ehrlich
- Exit Realty – Chris Boylan
- Dynamic Demolition – Christopher Fragala
- Fortitude Investment Group – Jeffrey Alan Kiesnoski & Dan Raupp
- Wisell, McGee & Romano, LLP – Mike Romano
- Oro Puro II – The Matozzo Family
- Renaissance Albums – Terry Huang Jr.
- MAP Estate Planning – Ann Marie Ziniti & Steve Ziniti
- Franklin Merchant Capital – Sal Dell Italia
- With Pride – Michael Joesph Dolan
- CryoCure Cryotherapy Wellness Center – Irina Gershkovich
- New York Ravioli & Pasta Company, Inc. – Paul Moncada
- Costello Construction – Eoin Costello
- Sugrue Contracting – Dennis Sugrue & the Sugrue Family
- Eddie’s Pizza – Joe DiVittorio
- UFC Gym/New Hyde Park – Carisa Marie & Jehad Ibrahim
- Consolidated Vending Services – Renee Rehm Maiale & The Maiale Family
- NYFF Events – Jamie Cavaliere
- Sandys Party Supply – John Randazzo & Christine Alfino Randazzo
- Taylor Event Group – Chris Taylor
- Dunkin Donuts – Dogwood Avenue, Franklin Square
- Cross Island Fruits – Lynbrook